Educational Training Programs
ISPE conducts Training & Certification programs in Six Sigma White belt, Yellow belt & Green belt under the Educational workshop for All years of Diploma/Degree Students (relevant to the students curriculum per their respective academic year) studying in any discipline under any Full-time/Part-time/Executive/Fast Track/Distance Learning Programs (as may be applicable) at various Educational Institutions/Colleges (training conducted in their own premise or at an outside venue (Business class economy Hotel) if not possible in own premise) as under:
- Graduation – any stream (Science, Commerce, Arts, BMS, BBA, BCA, etc).
- Engineering – any stream (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics & Telecommunications, Production, Computers, Chemical, Textile, etc).
- Hotel Management & Catering (Diploma/Degree).
- Diploma/Degree in any other stream (Nursing, Fashion Designing, Travel & Tourism, Music, Acting, Mass Communication, Advertising & Media, Film making, Clinical research, Hospital management, etc).
- Post Graduation (Science, Commerce, Arts, MCA, etc).
- MBA/MMS/MMM/MFM/MHRM/PGDM/PGDBM/PGDFM/ PGDHRM/PM/IR/PGDCA, etc.
ADVANTAGES OF EARLY SIX SIGMA TRAINING FOR DIPLOMA & DEGREE STUDENTS:
- Earlier the SS learning is ingrained, better it is for future career growth.
- Easy to understand, learn & apply SS concepts given the exposure to Mathematics & Statistics in course of studies. Students from non-Mathematical / Statistical academic background need not worry, as all the Statistical knowledge needed for use & work in six sigma are built into the concerned software applications. Viz, Ms Excel & Minitab. Besides ISPE would be doing a refresher course on Overview of basic Statistics for six sigma.
- Upgrading one’s knowledge further in SS (BB & MBB) becomes easier later, while working / in professional life.
- Last but not the least. Students being Six Sigma qualified in addition to their academic qualification(s), as an additional professional qualification even before they start working, is an essential value addition to their CV, enabling better salary negotiation while trying for a job outside, giving them an extra edge over other job contenders who are not Six Sigma qualified.
IMPORTANCE OF SIX SIGMA AS AN ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL COURSE FOR DIPLOMA & DEGREE STUDENTS:
Knowledge of Six Sigma for Diploma & Degree students is important as :-
An Education – Makes one understand the language of business improvement & sustaining the improvement.
A Qualification – Equips one with the necessary analytical & problem-solving skills.
A Career decision – Fosters excellent career growth opportunities.
No other professional course offers the same kind of versatility & flexibility blended with the curriculum of Diploma & Degree level courses that Six Sigma knowledge, exposure & qualification does. Thus, students having knowledge of Six Sigma (facilitated through effective training & learning) along with its omnipotence (overall applicability) strengthens their employment & career prospects many times over, not only at the time of campus placements, but also when looking for openings outside & in future professional life as well.
Will a student be guaranteed of a job after undergoing the Six Sigma training & certification program ?
As mentioned earlier (in the FAQs page), having a Six Sigma qualification (by way of training & examination) is an essential value addition to a student’s professional CV making the student an instant choice at the prospective employer’s end over other peers who are not Six Sigma qualified, not only at the time of campus placement but also when looking for openings outside and in future professional life as well. A Six Sigma qualification guarantees employment to a candidate (student) subject to the below:
- The candidate (student) is well prepared for the interview complemented with effective communication skills. (ISPE also trains students ineffective communication skills & personality grooming).
- The candidate (student) demonstrates reasonable capability before the interviewer of having & being able to use Six Sigma knowledge in a professional scenario/situation, warranting the same.
- The candidate (student) is able to convince the interviewer of being able to deliver expected results on the job (per requirements) from a Six Sigma perspective.
Undergoing Six Sigma training with ISPE will take care of the last 2 points among the above, subject to the student ensuring the first. Lastly, any certificate earned by a student is only a passport to a job interview & even if able to bag a job with it, eventually how well the student performs on the job secured is a true testimony of the student’s knowledge & work capability more than any certificate had. This applies to Six Sigma equally as much as it applies to other academic & professional qualifications.
Who should attend the Six Sigma White belt program (SSWB – 1day)
Highly recommended for First-year Diploma & Degree students studying under any Discipline. Optional for senior Diploma & Degree students (above the first year), though not a pre-requisite. The SSWB program is offered only under the Educational workshop & not under the Public & Corporate workshops at ISPE. One can contact ISPE for more details on the SSWB program.
Who should attend the Six Sigma Yellow belt program (SSYB – 2 days)
Highly recommended for Second-year Diploma & Degree students studying under any Discipline. Optional for senior Diploma & Degree students (above the second year), though not a pre-requisite.
Who should attend the Six Sigma Green belt program (SSGB – 4 days)
Highly recommended for Third/Last year Diploma & Degree students studying under any Discipline. And, First & Second/Last year PG/Mgmt students studying under any Discipline.
Computer facilities in the educational institutions can be utilized for SSGB programs therein (1 computer/laptop per 2 students). Besides, all the necessary SS working material would be provided to the students on CD (1 CD/student). Students are also welcome to bring their own laptop if permitted by the educational institution in own premise, & this (students bringing their own laptop) should not be a problem if the SS training program is held at an outside venue (star hotel). If the students do not have a laptop or are unable to bring one, ISPE can refer vendors who provide the same on hire for the course duration.
Training content & methodology:
Please find these details under ‘Training & Certification’ in the ‘Services’ page for the respective program (SSYB & GB). Please contact ISPE for the same details on the SSWB program.
Trainer / Faculty profile:
Please find these details under ‘Training & Certification’ in the ‘Services’ page for the respective program (SSYB & GB). Please contact ISPE for the same details on the SSWB program
Program duration & training batch size:
SSWB for 1day, SSYB for 2 days & SSGB for 4 days with a minimum batch size of 20 students in each (SSYB & GB). Maximum batch size is flexible per requirements of the Educational Institution. Choice of weekday & weekend program available for all (SSWB, SSYB & GB).
Fees & Certification:
Please contact ISPE for details.
NOTE – ISPE does not conduct Training & Certification programs in Six Sigma Black belt (SSBB) & Lean Management under the Educational workshop, they (each) being advanced & high rigor professional disciplines which are better learned & absorbed later by the students in their respective professional lives in future. Six Sigma Champion program is not applicable under the Educational workshop.
Other Business & Professional Excellence Programs under Educational workshop at ISPE:
In addition to Six Sigma, ISPE also offers training programs in improving Communication & Soft skills, & Overall Professional Development (professional mannerisms, etiquette, conduct, presentation skills, group discussion & interview skills, professional success secrets, etc) for Diploma & Degree students. There are also certain Business Excellence programs offered to students under the Educational workshop at ISPE. Please visit the page on ‘Other Business Excellence Training Programs’ for further details.
- Prerequisites: Yes
- Course Capacity: 50
- Certificate: No